Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blevins Update

It has been a while since I have “blogged” but I really don’t have to much to talk about, and I have not taken any pictures of Kenzie since her birthday. We are working on taking her binkie away from her, and it is going pretty well if you don’t count the half hour before and after she is sleeping. Without her binkie she is jabbering a lot more, she says “cheese” when we take her picture and sometimes I can get her to say “done,” “more” “bird” and “book” and last night she said “thank you” twice. She has 8 teeth now, 4 on top and 4 on bottom, the last two on the bottom came in without any problems, and I was so thankful. We dealt with fevers and puking and runny noses and drool forever with the last teeth. Hopefully, all the rest will come in without issues as well.

Waylon started his new job this week in Spokane so Kenzie and I are on our own for the weeks to come. He will be working every other Saturday, but on the off weeks he gets Friday off so that way he will be able to spend sometime with Kenzie.

I finally got him to sell some of his horns last week. He has been horn hunting for about 3 years now and our little house could not take any more. He got rid of most of his good deer horns, so the ones that remain all fit into the trunk that they belong in. The elk horns are another story….he has 3 sets on top of the armoire in our room and a couple behind it.

I started my free trial at Gold’s Gym last week and I liked it so much that we joined for the year. I also get unlimited tanning so I am pretty excited about that. I have been to the gym everyday for the past week and I have been pretty sore, but it’s worth it if I am able to wear a swimsuit this summer without making everyone puke. Tonight will be the first time that I will go and put Kenzie in the daycare there, it makes me feel a little guilty that she is at daycare all day and then for a while in the evening, but she really gets bored at home, she likes to play with other little kids.

I have my last day of CASA training tomorrow, for those of you who don’t know CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate. I will be assigned a case and work with the social worker for a child or children that have been removed from their homes. The purpose is for someone to meet with the child and all of their influences including their parents, foster parents, teachers, counselors, etc. to make a recommendation to the court for the child’s well being. Eventually the court decides if they child can go home or if they need to find another permanent home away from their parents, and this decision is somewhat based on my reports of the child’s’ wishes, how the parents are doing following their case plan (drug treatment, parenting classes, etc), and if the child is in a foster/adopt relationship with the foster parents. I am looking forward to getting started with it, check out the website
www.nationalcasa.org if you want more information.

For not having much to say this was pretty long…..

No comments: