Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Atlanta...and more

Thursday morning I left for Atlanta (for work), it was a good flight and we got to the city at about 4 o'clock their time, which, in my mind left plenty of daylight hours to get some sightseeing done.  Unfortunatly my boss did not see it that way, and we instead spent most of the afternoon/evening in a mall (I usually LOVE to shop, but when I am some place I have never been before I prefer to spend my time doing things that I cannot do around here).  And then we went to our hotel and watched a movie (good movie, The Changling).  The next day we were in our conference all day (which was fine since that was the reason that we were there), but when we were finished we still had plenty of daytime left to do somethings, but once again that did not happen.  We took the MARTA (Atlanta's subway/train system) to Midtown and walked around for about 20 minutes and then went to Old Navy and back to the hotel.  The next day we were in class until 3 then we went to the Olympic Park and the Coca-Cola museum as well as the CNN center.  The Atlanta Hawks happened to be playing that night and we were right next to the stadium (literally), but my boss did not want to be out after dark, so we went back to the hotel.  The next day we came home.  So I do not know much more about Atlanta than I did before I left, however, I do know much more about what were went there to learn about (the conference was very informative), so it all turned out ok, I guess.

Back to the main thing in my life, Kenzie.  She is doing well.  We started her on milk two weeks ago and all seemed fine, however she did have a hive outbreak and I am still not entirely sure what caused that.  We took her off the milk for a few days and the hives left, and we have since put her back on it and the hives have yet to return so we will see.  She is eating mostly table food now, she really likes whole wheat begals and yogurt.  We are having a problem getting her to eat pieces of fruit although she still likes the pureed versions of the same things.  She can feed herself with a spoon now, it takes quite a while and she is messy but she likes it, so we go with it. 

Her birthday party is this Saturday at McDonald's.  I would have perferred to have it someplace else, but with all the kids that will be there I needed to have something for them to do that did not cost too much.  Her acutal birthday is on Tuesday, wow I cannot believe that she has been around for 365 days, how time really does fly.  I am in the process of uploading some pictures from the past month, and I will post them tonight, hopefully.  Waylon and I are putting together her present tonight, so hopefully that does not take too long.