Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2 weeks in the life of the Blevins Family

Well let’s see, it seems as though there has not been a lot going on in our house lately. Since we put in the new floor, Waylon has been working 12 hour days in Moscow, so we don’t see him much, he gets home around 8:30, when Kenzie is already in bed and then leaves again about 5:45, right before she gets up. He has been elk hunting on the weekends, with no luck yet, but hopefully he will get something soon. Kenzie and I went camping with my mom and dad on Labor Day, we did not do much, but it was a good relaxing time. I had to keep driving into Three Rivers so check the status of Christel’s labor; she finally had her little girl on the 30th, around 8 at night. I went to visit her last week and she looks really good. She is lucky that Richie takes so much on and helps her out as much as he does, although I am sure that she will handle it great when he gets back to work. Kenzie has been eating applesauce and oatmeal for the past few days, she really likes her fruit, including bananas and peaches. However, I tried some peas with her the other day, definitely not her favorite thing, I think it may be in the genes, as neither my mom or I like peas all that much either. She has also been sitting up really well the past few days. Last week she could sit up for a few seconds and already she is going for over a minute before she falls over. Usually the reason for this tippage is that she is reaching for something as she does not enjoy just sitting there doing nothing. Yesterday, I gave her a bath in the tub instead of the sink tub like we have been and she sat up almost the whole time, and kept grabbing for the drain cover. Not much else happening with us. We are headed to Spokane this weekend for some shopping and to the fair, it should be fun. Also, I am starting to get a little older as I turn 23 on Saturday. I realize that 23 is not anywhere near old, but is still seems weird to me, as just the other day I swear I was only 18 and 23 was a long way away. I guess that goes to show you just how fast time flies!

1 comment:

Mommytutu said...

Happy Birthday! Much love from the Edmund Family!