Friday, May 29, 2009

Oregon Coast

For Memorial Day we usually go camping, but with Waylon working in Spokane, it was a long haul for the camper and the 4-wheeler needs some maintenence, so we decided to take a family trip to the Oregon Coast. We booked our hotel room 2 weeks in advance (which is not much notice for me, I like to have things planned). We stayed at the Shiloh Inn in Newport and it was really great, the rooms were nothig special but they were really big and the bed was comfy, plus there was a fridge to keep Kenzie's milk in and a microwave to warm up my coffee. It had a great view of the ocean and we could walk right down to the beach. I knew it was going to be cold so I packed warm clothes for Kenzie and I, my dear husband however thought that shorts and t-shirts would be good for him. Needless to say, we ended up buying him a coat (the warmest it got over there was about 50). We also bought new underpants for my hubby since it seems he forgot what he needs to pack when we go places.

We spent some time on the beach by our hotel, but it was VERY windy and Kenzie was not really into it, so we took a drive and looked at the lighthouses and checked out the super cool tide pools. We visited the aquarium, which was awesome (Kenzie was in love with the puffins, should would have taken them home if we let her), and did some shopping in Lincoln City. The total drive was about 8 hours, on the way over I figured that Kenzie would sleep since we did not leave until about 4, but no, she hung out with us until about 10:30 then she finally dozed off. We got to Newport about 1 a.m., when she promptly woke up but we got her back to sleep, (even if she did spend the night taking up the majority of the king size bed in the hotel). The trip back was not too bad, she slept for the first 2 hours, had a snack, stoped at the outlet mall outside of Portland, hung out, ate lunch, got a little crabby, took another nap, got crabby again, played at a park along the way, and then hung out some more until we got home. I felt a little bad since she was in the car pretty much all day Monday, but she was fine as soon as we got home. I have a zillion pictures to post, and more about what is going on with us too, I just dont have the time to do it right now. Kenzie is getting baptized Sunday, so I will post pictures of that too.

No comments: